Saturday, February 23, 2013

In need of illumination?


Hello friends. I hope wherever you are you are well and happy and enjoying a weekend. I’m just home from Melbourne after the most amazing week doing some deep soul searching with a sensational group of people at the School of Life Summer School Intensive. If you don’t know about the School I highly recommend you check out the website, or visit the Bloomsbury hub if you’re ever in London. I’ll promise to write all about my week when I’ve had the time to digest all I learned.

You may have noticed I’ve been rather quiet of late. I haven’t broken my arm or abandoned my writing, but been holed away stirring the pot on a project that’s been on my mind for such a long time. In the last couple of months snippets of ideas, thoughts, observations and discussions that have been tangled up in my head (sending me a bit crazy) have finally started to unravel and morph before my very eyes. I can’t tell you how excited I am.

For years I’ve dreamed of bringing together two passions, creativity and helping people, into a project of some kind. Looking for answers I paralleled a career in design and user experience with degrees in Art Therapy and Psychology, but on completion was feeling even more lost for a way I could bring these two diverse fields together. For months I stewed and wriggled uncomfortably in a fog. I impatiently watched, waited and listened. Finally, by letting the overthinking go, ever so slowly an idea appeared.

“… I feel empty inside”
“… after 15 years of marriage, I don't know who I am”
“… with my last child going to school, I just don’t know what to do”

I feel empty inside. I don’t know who I am. I don’t know what to do. Over the course of time I’ve heard these and other similar words so many times from so many people. I’ve observed it in faces and in interactions. Every time I just want to reach out and hug the person and help them uncover the beauty and richness they have inside of them. If only that were possible.

Of course it is, and it's exactly what I plan to spend the next few months putting my heart into. I’ve developed a new program that will help people illuminate the darkness within, to uncover the riches that have been buried by the grinds of daily living and pushed down by internal and external pressures. The program aims to surprise and delight in the rediscovery process, to enable people to embrace their true selves and to couragously open the doors and let their light shine into the world.

The Illumination Project is born. I am excited beyond words.

So what does this mean? Over the coming weeks and months I’ll be releasing some more details about the program which will first up take the form of in-person half-day workshops. The activities I’m planning will be playful and fun, with opportunity to both reflect and create. I’m running my first workshop in Sydney just after Easter, and based on the outcome I’ll be scheduling more in Autumn. If all goes well, I’ll be taking these workshops to Melbourne and then possibly online. Weeeeee!

Doesn’t this sound like a magical thing to do?

Get ready to be illuminated.

2 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeee! I am so excited too! Honestly, I have been checking this blog daily for the last week… something in me knew you were onto something and I (impatiently) waited. Yay… sign me up for the first Melbourne workshop! I am so ready to be illuminated… help me please, help me glow! Weeeeeee! So excited for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Karina, i haven't 'checked in' to your blog for quite some time! wow wow wow!!! sounds faaaantastic.....soooo exiting!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...