Saturday, December 1, 2012

Madame, pomp adore!




You'd think after the origami advent calendar I'd have had enough of Christmas craft. Well think again. This morning I braved the Sydney heatwave loaded with fabric scraps and scissors, and headed to Darlinghurst to attend the City of Sydney "Upcycling: green up your Christmas" workshop.

The delightful Julie Paterson from clothfabric opened her space up to a bunch eager festive-makers. Over the next couple of hours we followed her simple instructions to turn string, scraps and fabric left overs into pom-poms, strings of garlands and bunting.




I must admit, I liked the pom-poms the best. I used mostly the beautiful screen printed clothfabric scraps to make four fluffy balls that will give my place some christmas cheer. They're pretty effective, don't you think?

They were also really simple to put together. If you're keen to make your own, follow the instructions I have found over on the 5 orange potatoes blog.

Thanks Julie and the Green Village for a fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...