Saturday, November 3, 2012

Surprise nomination

Sometimes life just throws you the loveliest surprises. The gorgeous Miranti over at Pen & Peplum has nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. I was quite aglow after discovering her tag because Miranti has an utterly delightful blog. It's all about beautiful workspaces and improving worklife. If you're a stationery addict it's the place to go get your fix.

Now, down to the rules. To qualify I must: Post 11 random things about myself // Answer the 11 questions Miranti asked of me // Nominate 11 more up and coming bloggers, and notify them and link them to my post // Create 11 new questions for these blogger to answer // No tag backs.

So to begin, here are 11 random facts you didn’t need to know about me:
  1. I'm most inspired in the early hours of dawn with the possibilities of what the day may bring lapping at my feet.
  2. I drink about seven cups of tea a day. 
  3. I'm not shy, but an introvert. I take a bit of time to warm up, but when I do I become quite extroverted. A glass of champagne always helps.
  4. Red is my favourite colour.
  5. I was born with the hiccups.
  6. I am always being accused of being a mischief maker.
  7. My cat Sasha made a modelling debut on the blog Desire to Inspire.
  8. In Jane Austen's days I might have been a very accomplished woman, but loving sewing, baroque music, drawing and making your own chicken stock isn't as cool in the 21st century.
  9. Although I'm a designer, I also have degrees in art therapy and psychology. But I'm not analysing you, I promise!
  10. I get the giggles.
  11. Mais oui, I am a Francophile.
ikea dress

Miranti asked these questions of me:

1. What did you want to be when you were growing up? A graphic designer. As a kid I'd sit at the dining table with my cherished Crayola Caddy and later a set of 72 Derwent Artist Pencils and draw logos and make up brochures - even though at the time I didn't even have a label for the job. Geek!

2. What is one simple pleasure you like to incorporate in your life daily? Tea. Brewing a cup is the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night. I can't imagine life without it.

3. Most memorable meal? A best friend's older sister had a Jewish boyfriend who was both a doctor and a chef. I thought he was so exotic. Once when I stayed with her, he made from scratch quail ravioli with a walnut sauce. I'd never tasted anything like it, and no food has ever topped the memory.

4. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be? Paris...and London. I can have two can't I?

5. How do you handle stress? I lock myself away from the world in my introvert hampster ball where I recentre myself with peace and order... and a cup of tea, bien sur.

6. If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do for work? Helping people find courage to illuminate their true self.

7. If you had to tattoo one word on your body, what would that word be? Courage

8. Favourite drink? Tea. A strong scottish style brew.

9. What one item of clothing best describes your style? The shift dress my mother made me from some IKEA fabric. My sister thinks it's like wearing a lounge, but I love the simple shape and the playful geometric pattern.

10. If you could decorate your workspace however you wanted, what would be your feature colour? Yellow. Sunshine and light feed my creative spirit.

11. What is your favourite season? Easter in Australia marks the beginning of Autumn - cool crisp mornings, clear skies, warm rich colours and home cooking. And chocolate. It's my favourite time of year.



Eleven up and coming blogs I am loving:

These bloggers have so many talents. Some don't advertise how many followers that have, but hey, I think they deserve an award.
  1. Pavinee // Have a Merry Day
  2. Kate // My Dear Angel
  3. Julianne // Jookiku
  4. Mel // Armoire, Pegs and Casserole
  5. Bonnie // The Wheelbarrows
  6. Lena // Mina Moka
  7. Merle // Curve of the world
  8. Becca // The Dabblist
  9. Melanie // Creative Mix
  10. Silkie // Rosehip
  11. Suzanne // Paper Ivy

And my questions of my nominees:
  1. What is your greatest strength?
  2. What was a moment/event that changed the course of your life?
  3. If someone was to give you one gift, money is no object, what would you want to receive?
  4. What dish are you renowned for cooking?
  5. What was your favourite subject at school?
  6. Your ultimate career would be?
  7. Do your personality traits and interests make you feel as though you should have been born in another era, and why?
  8. Your favourite colour?
  9. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
  10. Your perfect holiday: relax or explore?
  11. What makes you laugh?
I can't wait to read the responses. Have a lovely weekend all!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Karina and congratulations to you! I'm completely touched that you thought of me and humbled to be next to such lovely blogs. Big smiles, Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are a tea-drinker and mischief-maker! Great answers and thoughtful new questions for your nominees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Karina, thanks for mentioning me..and big congratulations to you!! Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mais oui your blog is as delicious as I imagined it would be... thank you for your generosity in introducing me... I will attempt to answer the questions.... with love merle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your nomination! It's quite a mission but I enjoy it very much.
    Here are my answers >> http://haveamerryday.blogspot.com/2012/11/know-more-about-me-and-other-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Karina! Here's mine: http://www.thedabblist.com/a-sweet-surprise-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...