Monday, October 8, 2012

From fog to blog

I used to write alot, daily in fact. For about six years, at least thirty minutes a day were spent crafting little essays that I'd ping off to a friend on the other side of the world, rising the next morning to a lovely lively response. It was a delightful ritual that really pushed me to be creative and helped develop my writing.

However, in the last couple of years some big stuff got in the way of those daily missels and as the habit went out the window I lost my knack. Arbitrary days I did manage to find some time to write I started to feel insecure about my opinion, pained over word choices and found that the dreaded spirit of perfectionism planted itself firmly in my brain. It was like I was in a fog - creatively I just couldn't see.

Some much needed space at the start of this year has allowed me to dip my hand into the alphabet infested waters and give writing another try. Scary as it was publish personal ramblings, a blog seemed like a fun way to go. Amazingly, the fog ever so slowly lifted.

Nine months later I am loving playing with the medium. So much so I'm planning to use a blog as the basis for a new program I'm developing. Clueless about how to get the best out of the platform, when I saw that the delighful Holly Becker from Decor8 was running a Blogging your way bootcamp I had to do it. 

So here I am - day one of the course. Over the next four weeks this space will become my exercise book. I'll be trying out all sorts of new things. If you have time I'd love your feedback!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karina:) Thanks for visiting me over at my blog. I'm so glad you decided to do the BYW Boot Camp. It's definitely a wonderful way to get the writing mojo back. I know my blog has really helped me get out of a writing block I had a few years ago. Though my blog writing is certainly not my best writing, at least I'm writing and sharing and that's really what helps me most - venting. Enjoy the final week. it's been such fun, hasn't it? Wish it didn't have to end x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...