Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Morning delight

I have a strange condition - I'm allergic to afternoons. It's that time between midday and four o'clock when the sun is at it's brightest and everything and everybody seems washed out. I've had this adverse reaction since I was a kid. It was always the boring part of the day at school when you just wish it was home time. As an adult, its the hours of the afternoon slump.

In stark contrast I delight in early mornings. The moment when the sun streams through a kitchen window and starts to warm a chilly dawn is pretty special. There is so much promise at that time of the day; it feels like anything is possible.

I friend of mine recently put me onto the method of visioning, developed by an art therapist Dr. Lucia Capacchione. She talks about the power of creating a 'vision map' as a way of dealing with fear, self-doubt and inner obstacles associated with our aspirations.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of her book. Meanwhile, I thought I'd create a 'vision board' of my ideal morning using snaps form the internet. I love my little flat but it's not soaked in morning sun. One day I'd love to wake up and make tea in a sun-filled kitchen. It reminds me of being at my grandmothers - very nurturing.

5 comments:

  1. I love the mornings (when I can actually get up!) these pics are perfect reminders to enjoy the morning, its so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Mornings are lovely and feel so precious. I too struggle to get up sometimes, especially in those early days of daylight savings!

      Delete
  2. Mornings are my favorite time of the day too!! Everything is so peaceful and so much hope for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. There is a stillness about the morning that is just amazing. I use to be a night person, but have slowly transformed to be the exact opposite.

      Delete
  3. This is just stunning! I love your little vision board, so very inspiring. I'm trying my hardest to become a morning person and I may just try a vision board of my perfect morning! Thanks again for the loveliness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...