Monday, June 11, 2012

Apartment therapy

(SYLC 21)

When I read that this week was 'Home Audit' week I rejoiced. It's exactly what I needed to do. When I moved into my apartment 16 months ago I got right in and ripped out the curtain furnishings, painted the walls and the kitchen, put down new carpet and ordered some new blinds...

...then it stopped. No paintings got hung. No decorating was done. I formulated a few half hearted ideas as to what I wanted to do but I just haven't got around to doing anything further. Knowing these things take time I wasn't in a rush. That was until I spent the month of March mooching around in Europe.

I've always loved Scandinavian design - the light, the clean lines and their cleverness with small spaces. I got so totally inspired in Stockholm and for the first time in my life I was itching to get restarted on my own place.

Hence the home audit. Now I can't say I've finished this as I've been super busy of late, but I did start and put it all in my super GTD app Omnifocus. I plan to finish this after the June madness has ended.


But as I write this I feel restless. I've written a couple of times recently that I feel some big changes coming on, a wave that started earlier in the year. I don't know where it will take me, or where I'll end up. I definitely feel that there's more travel involved. We'll see.

But in the meantime, I plan on giving my apartment some love and making it more of a home. It's winter afterall, a time for hibernation and cosiness. I might as well put the darkness hours to good use.

For some great Scando inspiration, check out:
A Swedish designer a day
Stockholm Street Style
Copenhagen Style Chic
Scandinavian retreat 

Kitchen before
Kitchen after



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...